This Weight Watchers Taco soup is the perfect recipe to add to your WW meal plan. Easy to make and full of delicious Mexican flavor, this soup is zero points, so you really can’t go wrong enjoying it as part of a day of healthy eating.
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for when you want a tasty soup with a Mexican flair. It tastes even better the next day!
How to Eat Soup and Lose Weight on Weight Watchers
As someone who is at WW Lifetime and maintaining a 100 pound weight loss, I’m a big fan of using soups (especially zero point ones) to help you lose weight and keep it off.
I make a batch of soup on the weekends (this WW turkey chili or WW vegetarian chili are probably the ones I make most often) and eat it for my lunches during the week.
Soup and chili are quick, easy, and filling and for zero points, I still have plenty of points left for the rest of the day.
Research has shown that eating soup can help with weight loss because it’s filling and hydrating. Soup can also help you feel more full for a longer period of time which makes it a winner in my book.
These soups also freeze well, making them perfect for weight loss meal prep.
You’ll love this quick dump and go recipe for a busy weeknight. You can even put all the ingredients in your crock pot in the morning and come home to this wonderful meal. What could be easier?
WW Zero Point Taco Soup Ingredients
Here are the ingredients in this yummy WW soup. You might sometimes hear this soup referred to as Weight Watchers 5 can soup. We’ve tweaked the recipe a bit to make it even tastier and almost as fast. We think it’s worth a few minutes of extra work.
- white beans
- black beans
- chicken broth
- diced tomatoes and green chilies
- petite tomatoes
- frozen chicken breast
- Optional: taco seasoning mix
Weight Watchers Taco Soup on Stove Top
To cook this soup on the stove top, follow these directions. (To use your pressure cooker, follow the photos below.)
- Place all ingredients in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer soup, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken and shred with a fork. Add back to soup and serve.
WW Taco Soup in Crock Pot
To cook this recipe in the slow cooker, add all ingredients to cooker and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH on 3-4 hours. Remove chicken and shred with fork. Add back to soup and serve.
What Should I Serve with Taco Soup?
Here are great additions to serve with your Weight Watchers soup.
- Side salad – zero points
- Breadsticks made with two ingredient dough – 3 points on most PP plans
- Baked tortilla chips or Good Thins Corn Ones – 3 points per serving on all PP plans
- Air Fryer tortilla chips – only 1 point per serving!
- Plain, non-fat Greek yogurt in place of sour cream – 0 points on most Personal Points plans
- Shredded light cheese, such as Cabot – 3-5 points depending on type and personal points plan
Weight Watchers Easy Taco Soup Recipe – Step by Step with Photos
Here’s how to make this delicious, filling WW Taco Soup in either in the Instant Pot or on the stove top.
Gather your ingredients. If desired, add a packet of taco seasoning mix. This adds great extra flavor but quite a bit of additional sodium. The spice from the Rotel tomatoes might be enough for you in this recipe.
Combine all ingredients in Instant Pot or in pot on stove top. Chicken may still be frozen. Drain beans and corn. Do not drain tomatoes.
Once cooked, remove chicken and shred or chop. Add back to soup.
Dig in and enjoy this delicious soup.
Serve with plain, non-fat Greek yogurt (a great zero point sour cream replacement), baked tortilla chips or Good Thins corn ones, lime, or low-fat shredded cheddar cheese.
Weight Watchers Taco Soup
- 1 can white beans drained
- .5 can corn drained
- 1 can black beans drained
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 10 ounces tomatoes with green chilis such as Rotel, undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1.25 pounds chicken breast
- 1 package taco seasoning mix optional
- Instant Pot instructions: Add white chili beans, rinsed black beans, ½ can of corn, petite diced tomatoes and tomatoes with green chilies, chicken broth and frozen chicken breast to your instant pot.
- Place lid on top, latch into place and turn valve to the seal position.
- Press the “manual” button. Use the +/- button to set to 14 minutes.
- It will take about 10 minutes for it to reach pressure then your count down time will start. Once your instant pot beeps and lets you know your soup is ready allow it to sit for about 10 minutes. Then carefully change the valve to release.
- Once pressure is fully released, carefully remove the lid. Take out your chicken breasts and use a meat thermometer to make sure your chicken is at least 165 degrees. ( If it is not at least 165 degrees, place it back in your pot and set the time for 2 mins.) Using two forks, shred your chicken then place it back in your pot and give it a good stir. Serve and enjoy!
- Stove top: place all ingredients in large soup pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken, shred, and return to pot. Serve and enjoy.
The Points value of these recipes was calculated by this web site and is provided for informational purposes only. This is not an endorsement, sponsorship or approval of this web site or its recipes by WW International, Inc.
More Weight Watchers Soup Recipes
Would you believe all of these recipes are ZERO or LOW points on W W?
Instant Pot White Turkey Chili Recipe – Delicious fast chili that works with chicken or left-over turkey.
WW Zero Point Chili Recipe – One of our most popular WW recipes, this chili is used in our 3 Day Diet Meal Plan.
WW Zero Point Bean Soup Recipe – Starting with dried beans is easy with a pressure cooker.
WW Zero Point Vegetable Soup Recipe – A healthy WW classic that’s very low in calories and full of nutrition.
Weight Watchers Jerk Chicken Soup Recipe – This soup has just the right amount of spice.
Pin this WW Soup Recipe for Later
Leave a Reply