This WW Freestyle Instant Pot Vegetable Soup recipe is hearty and delicious and best of all, it’s zero Freestyle SmartPoints with Weight Watchers.
Those of us who have been members of Weight Watchers for years know that a “free” vegetable soup, the old Weight Watchers cabbage soup recipe as many of us refer to it, has been part of the program for as long as most of us can remember. This delicious Weight Watchers soup recipe has stood the test of time because it’s rich and filling with zero points.
I’ve heard this soup called Weight Watchers Free Vegetable Soup, WW Detox Soup, WW Instant Pot Free Soup, or Cabbage soup, but they are all a similar concept – tons of fresh vegetables and spices cooked together with vegetable broth to bring about a delicious flavor.
These days, WW Freestyle allows members to have 200 free foods, which is amazing! While these foods still do have calories, knowing they are “free” encourages members to eat them on a regular basis.
Check out these helpful posts about zero point food options:
This Instant Pot vegetable soup is a great go-to recipe because with all the vegetables, it’s a great Instant Pot detox soup recipe. Low in calories, this is a great choice for days when you need a re-start after overeating or indulging in rich foods.
This Weight Watchers cabbage soup recipe is also good for times when you want to keep your points low to save them for a bigger meal later in the day or week.
I like to eat this soup to make my lunches more satisfying, or I enjoy a bowl mid-afternoon when I’m having one of those hungry days.
How to Make WW Freestyle Vegetable Soup in Your Instant Pot
Whether you are like me and have been making Weight Watchers zero point vegetable soup for years or this recipe is new to you, either way you’ll save time when you make it in your Instant Pot.
Cooking this hearty vegetable soup takes just minutes with Instant Pot pressure cooking – 4 minutes to cook and 5 minutes to natural release. Give yourself enough time to chop all those delicious vegetables and the machine will take a bit of extra time to come to pressure, but all of this is worth it for the end result.
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerFreestyle Instant Pot Cookbook: The Best Meal Made Easy With “Set And Forget” 2018 Weight Loss Freestyle & Instant Pot Recipes (Freestyle 2018 Book 1)Digital Kitchen Scale/Food Scale – Ultra Slim, Multifunction, Easy to Clean, Large Display (grey)
How to Cook for Weight Loss with Your Instant Pot
As someone who has lost 100 pounds and been maintaining it for the last 10 years, I’m a huge fan of using the Instant Pot for healthy cooking. Learn more here about how to meal prep for healthy Instant Pot cooking.
In fact, I created an entire course specifically for Instant Pot for Weight Loss cooking. Learn more about the Instant Pot for Weight Loss Course here.
WW Freestyle Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
This delicious soup is rich and filling and best of all it’s zero WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Tips for making WW zero point cabbage soup:
- This does have small amount of olive oil, but spread throughout the recipe the points are still zero per serving. You can use Pam cooking spray or even water if you prefer in order to saute vegetables.
- You can use vegetable, chicken, or beef broth in this cabbage soup. I like the rich taste of beef broth the best, but all work well.
- This soup can be cooked on the stove top. Follow the same directions and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Feel free to change up vegetables according to your preferences.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, diced or 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cabbage, chopped
- 1 - 14oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 8 C of vegetable, chicken, or beef broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Cut all vegetables and set aside.
- Set the IP on saute mode and pour in the olive oil.
- Add in the diced onion, carrots, and celery and mix until combined.
- Saute for a few minutes or until the vegetables become soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the minced garlic.
- Add in the cabbage, green pepper, tomatoes, broth, and the spices, stirring to combine.
- Lock you IP lid in place and close the stem vent.
- Set on manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Allow the IP to natural release for 5 minutes once timer goes off.
- Remove lid and stir to combine.
What’s your favorite Weight Watchers soup recipe? Share in the comments below.
More Recipes for Instant Pot and Weight Watchers
Join Me for Weight Loss and Weight Watchers Support
Get small group accountability and support.
Christian Weight Loss for Women with Faithful Finish Lines – Free Facebook group for Christian women with a weight loss goal.
Weight Watchers/WW Freestyle/SmartPoints Success – Free for anyone doing Weight Watchers/WW meetings, online, or at home.
Faithful Finish Lines business page – Like for a new Weight Loss FAQ video every Friday.
Follow me on WW Connect @saraborgstede
Ready to join WW Freestyle/Weight Watchers online or at meetings? Click here to get one month free.
Faithful Finish Lines – Online weight loss programs for women
Pin this WW Freestyle Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe for Later
Free Weight Watchers Hacks!
Get your free Weight Watchers Hacks report now:
*Low point snacks & recipes to keep you full and satisfied.
*Food finds! The best foods to eat when you are following the WW program + where to buy them.
*Tips & insider tricks to make following the Weight Watchers program easier and more enjoyable.