Weight Watchers WW Zero Point Chili recipe is a favorite recipe of mine for years and I know you are going to love it, too. Thick, filling, and hearty for zero or low points (depending on your WW Personal Points), this recipe makes a great family dinner or a filling meal prep lunch option. With just 5 easy steps, you can have this on the table in no time.
Easy WW Chili
This Weight Watchers soup recipe has been incredibly popular with readers of The Holy Mess, especially those who use it as part of our free 3 day diet. People exclaim that their kids and husbands love it too and would never know it’s a diet recipe. Many readers tell us this is their new go-to chili recipe.
Click here for the vegetarian version of this chili recipe, which uses grains and beans in place of the ground meat.
Points for Chili on Weight Watchers
This delicious chili recipe is one of my go-to recipes as someone who is maintaining a 100+ weight loss. I’ve made it dozens of times and it turns out delicious each time.
Weight Watchers Points for this recipe: 0 points. Click here to track this recipe in the WW app.
Freestyle – 0 points per serving.
MyWW Blue – 0 point per serving.
MyWW Green – 4 points per serving.
MyWW Purple – 0 point per serving.
If you aren’t using the WW program, no problem. This recipe is still a fantastic option at less than 150 calories per serving.
WW Zero Point Foods
One of the things I love about the WW program is that every member gets a list of zero point foods. These are “free” foods that don’t have the counted in the system and can be eaten to satisfaction. (Click here for a list of the zero points foods with printable.)
While these foods do have calories so they can’t be eaten endlessly, research has proven that eating these foods to fullness leads to weight loss for most people. This chili comes together with all possible zero point foods, making it free from points for many members.
If you aren’t a WW member, I still encourage you to check out the zero point food list because these are healthy foods to make a regular part of your diet.
Click here for a list of 30 zero point meals and snacks.
How to Meal Prep Low Fat Chili
This delicious recipe is a great meal prep option.
- Store this WW chili in the fridge for up to one week and enjoy it for lunch with a side salad or a piece of fruit. Keeps in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- This chili freezes very well! Allow it to cool completely. Store in freezer containers or zipper bag. Store for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, spoon chili into a microwave safe bowl and microwave until hot, about 2 minutes, stirring once or twice. Or reheat in a small soup pan on the stove top.
What to Serve with this Weight Watchers Chili Recipe
Here are some great options to serve with your chili.
- Top with a low point cheese or low point crackers
- Serve with a dollop of non-fat Greek yogurt
- Serve with a size of 2 ingredient dough breadsticks
- Serve with a salad like this meal prep garden salad in jars
- Serve with a side of veggies and zero point ranch dip or zero point cauliflower dip
Turkey Chili Slow Cooker Instructions
The recipe card below includes stove top and Instant Pot pressure cooker instructions. To make this chili in the Crock Pot, follow these steps:
- Brown turkey and vegetables in a skillet on the stove top, as directed in the recipe below.
- Add all ingredients to a large slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours and serve.
The Holy Mess Turkey Chili in 5 Easy Steps
Here are the step-by-step directions with photos for how to make this low calorie chili without garlic. We are guessing this will be your new favorite recipe!
Step 1 – Gather Ingredients
Gather ingredients. This filling chili has ground turkey breast, beans, tomatoes, spices, and chopped vegetables.
Step 2 – Brown Ground Turkey Breast
For WW members, if you have chicken or turkey has a zero point food, it’s important to buy ground turkey or chicken breast. (Not just ground turkey or chicken, which can be quite high in fat.)
If you can’t found ground breast, you can use other chicken or turkey (or even very lean ground beef) but keep in mind it will be higher in points, fat, and calories.
If you haven’t worked with ground turkey breast before, here are a few tips to keep in mind. This is a very lean meat so it will take a bit more work to break apart. Adding a bit of water or broth to the pan helps prevent sticking and make it easier to work with.
Another helpful tip for using very lean ground meat: in chili, the meat will absorb the flavors of the soup so you don’t need to worry much, but if you are using ground chicken breast to eat in a main dish like tacos, try adding a bit of soy or Worcestershire sauce to improve flavor and color.
Step 3 – Chop and Saute Vegetables
This chili is different than most recipes because we use not just onion and celery but also carrots and zucchini or green pepper. A trick of weight loss is to load your recipes with additional vegetables to make them more filling and decrease calorie density.
Step 4 – Dump
Drain and rinse beans to remove excess sodium.
Now you’ve done the hard part and the rest of the recipe is fast and easy. Dump in the cans and mix everything together.
Step 5 – Simmer & Serve
Simmer the chili for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve and enjoy or allow to cool if you are saving servings for meal prep. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers WW Point Chili Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced zucchini or green peppers
- 1 can kidney beans 15 oz, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans 15 oz, drained and rinsed
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 oz
- 1 can Rotel with green chilis 10 oz, be sure to get MILD if you don't like spicy, or use an extra can of diced tomatoes.
- 2 cans diced tomatoes 15 oz, undrained
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Pan fry lean ground turkey breast and set aside.
- Using Pam cooking spray, sautee carrots, onions, celery, and zucchini. Add 1/4 cup water and continue to cook until soft.
- Once vegetables are softened, sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, and salt. Cook for 2 minutes until spices are fragrant.
- In a large cooking pot on stove top, add cooked ground turkey breast, vegetables, and all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Alternately, place ground turkey breast and vegetables in the bottom of Instant Pot. Sautee until softened.
- Pour in all remaining ingredients. Close lid and be sure valve is closed.
- Select the Meat/Stew button. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Carefully quick release and serve.
What’s your favorite topping for chili? Have you made The Holy Mess Chili? Share in the comments below.
More WW Points Posts You Will Love
The Holy Mess Weight Loss Soups & Stews Cookbook
Savor a warm, filling bowl of soup or chili that is low in calories and WW points, yet high in flavor. This 30-page digital cookbook includes recipes that you and your whole family will enjoy.
All the recipes in this cookbook are:
- Fast & easy to prepare
- Filling & healthy with fresh, whole foods
- Nutritional information and WW points link for every recipe
- Stove top, IP, and slow cooker instructions included
- Enjoy now, meal prep or freeze for later
- Bonus! Low calorie grocery store & restaurant options included