These Weight Watchers Zucchini Pizza Bites make a great, low-calorie appetizer that’s a fun way to serve your favorite toppings to a hungry crowd.
Low Carb Pizza Appetizer
Zucchini slices are the secret ingredient of these Weight Watchers pizza bites. Try this yummy recipe.
Whether you’re a Weight Watchers member or not, these vegetarian Weight Watchers friendly meatless meatballs are a delicious meal. These Weight Watchers Zucchini Pizza Bites are delicious, have the perfect dose of cheese and delicious herbs, and will leave you feeling satisfied.
How to Eat Pizza and Still Lose Weight
Can you eat pizza during weight loss? Yes! I’m maintaining a 130 pound weight loss and you’d better believe that pizza is still on the menu.
The trick is to find ways to include your splurges with lower calories so that you can still feel satisfied. One of my favorite ways to make low point, low calorie pizza crust is using 2 ingredient dough pizza crust. (If you need a low carb option, check out our almond flour, keto-friendly 2 ingredient dough.)
Another trick is to use lighter cheese and load up on the vegetables. Here are my favorite ww pizza recipes.
These little zucchini bites another great low point, low carb option becuase the zucchini takes the place of the crust but you still get a punch of pizza flavor in every bite.
Meal Prep Mini Zucchini Pizzas
This recipe is part of the brand new The Holy Mess 7 Day Super Satisfied Meal Plan, and we encourage you to meal prep so this appetizer or snack is ready to go when you want to serve it.
- Slice zucchini ahead of time and store them in your fridge. Zucchini can be sliced ahead of time and doesn’t turn brown. Slice nice and thick so you can easily pick up your pizza bites.
- Prep any toppings, especially if you are adding extra vegetables like I do when I make these.
- Make the pizza sauce by mixing the tomato sauce with the seasonings. Store until time to prepare.
WW Points in Pizza Bites
Divide into 6 servings. Each serving is 4-5 zucchini rounds depending on how large your zucchini is.
Because the new WW Personal Points plan is individualized, your points per serving will vary. (Mine is 2 points per serving.)
Ingredients for WW Zucchini Bites
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- tomato sauce
- Italian seasoning
- banana peppers
- turkey salami or pepperoni
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
- fat free mozzarella cheese
This recipe is:
- Low carb
- Great appetizer, snack or lunch
- Vegetarian (can be made vegan with vegan cheese) by leaving off the salami
Pizzas Toppings Low in Points
You can vary the pizza flavor for your appetizer depending on the toppings you choose. Here are a variety of pizza toppings I like to use that are still low in W W points and calories.
- Ham (use slices or lunchmeat)
- Veggies like mushrooms, spinach, and chopping tomato
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Turkey pepperoni
- Bell peppers
- Turkey sausage, cooked and crumbled
- Turkey or center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Fresh basil
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Parmesan cheese
Make It Easier
In a hurry? Here’s how to make this recipe even easier.
- Purchase zucchini already washed and sliced at your grocery store produce section.
- Purchase pizza sauce instead of making your own with tomato sauce. Watch for added oil or sugar and choose the brand with the least added ingredients to keep points the lowest. Spaghetti or marinara sauce also works in a pinch. (I’ve found that Hunt’s traditional in a large can is one of the lowest in points.)
- We baked our zucchini bites on a baking pan but you can also broil on a baking sheet for 4-6 minutes, watching so they don’t burn.
- For WW recipes, we like to use a mixture of regular and fat-free cheese. Fat-free alone is kind of gross (personal opinion) but mixed with regular, you can’t even tell it’s there and it reduces the points. If you are in a hurry, just use one type.
- Mini pepperoni slices are fun to use in this recipe if you can find the turkey variety in the smaller version.
How to Make Zucchini Pizza Bites Recipe- Step by Step Photo Tutorial
Here’s exactly how to make these yummy pizza bites the next time you want a WW-friendly appetizer or snack.
Gather ingredients. Mix spices into tomato sauce and slice zucchini into thick rounds. Mix regular and fat free cheese together. (Fat free cheese alone has a rubbery texture, but mixed with regular, you won’t be able to tell it’s there and it helps lower the points in the recipe. This is a great trick to use anytime you are making WW pizza.)
Dollop a bit of sauce on top of each bite and then top with toppings.
Top your zucchini bites with toppings, adding a couple toppings to each round. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in oven or air fryer at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Serve as an appetizer, snack, or even a lunchtime treat.
Weight Watchers Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 2 item zucchini medium to large
- 1 cup tomato sauce no salt added (you may not use it all)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup banana peppers, sliced drained well
- 4 ounces turkey salami or turkey pepperoni, chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix tomato sauce with seasonings.
- Slice zucchini into thick rounds.
- Spoon a dollop of tomato sauce onto the center of each zucchini slice.
- Top with salami and banana peppers.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, getting an even mixture of both regular and fat free cheese on each.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in oven or air fryer, until zucchini is soft and cheese is melted.
What’s your favorite WW appetizer? Share in the comments below.
More Weight Watchers Recipes You Will Love
7 Day Easy Meal Plan – WW personal points included
The Holy Mess Turkey Chili – reader favorite
Crustless Pumpkin Pie – just a couple points for the whole pie!