Weight Watchers Coleslaw is the perfect side dish for your summer cookout. This recipe is a light and healthy coleslaw version of the traditional homemade coleslaw recipe. The Weight Watchers Coleslaw recipe is low fat, sugar free, and easy to put together. The hardest part is waiting for it to chill in the fridge before you can enjoy it.
Weight Watchers Coleslaw, along with WW Apple Broccoli Salad, is one of my family’s favorite summer side dishes. It’s perfect for a hot summer day and will go great alongside your burgers, hot dogs, steaks, grilled chicken, or pork chops. You can even use it as a crispy topping on a pulled pork sandwich.
MyWW Blue 0 points, MyWW Green 1 point, MyWW Purple 0 points per serving size.
Is Coleslaw Good For Weight Loss?
While Coleslaw is traditionally high in fat and sugar, this Weight Watchers Coleslaw recipe is lower in calories, low fat, and sugar free which makes it a great dish when trying to watch your weight.
This recipe is also packed with fiber as well, which is a much needed nutrient for digestion and weight management. If you’d like, add broccoli florets or shredded broccoli and turn this into a broccoli coleslaw which will add even more fiber.
How Many Calories Are In Homemade Coleslaw?
This Weight Watchers Coleslaw recipe has 163 calories per serving. Each homemade coleslaw recipe will vary on the calories per recipe and per serving size. The dressing, if not careful, can be high in calories so make a lighter version or use it sparingly.
What is a Weight Watchers side for a picnic?
Looking for a healthy WW side dish? Here are some easy ideas.
- Veggie tray with zero point ranch dip.
- Fruit salad. (Try our Weight Watchers Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad Cups as an alternative.)
- Fruit and Cheese Kebobs in a Pineapple
- Weight Watchers Tuna Salad Recipe – Make into an easy egg salad as another option.
- Deviled eggs made with plain, non-fat Greek yogurt instead of mayo
- Green salad with low-fat salad dressing
- Cheese and cracker tray with low-fat cheese, turkey pepperoni, and Pop chips or Good Thins crackers.
- Pasta salad made with whole wheat pasta and light or fat-free Italian dressing
- Hummus with vegetables and crackers
This Weight Watchers Coleslaw recipe is a wonderful side for your next time camping or gathering with family and friends.
Other WW side dish recipes we love:
- Grilled campfire vegetables – These are the perfect accompaniment to any grilled meat.
- Salad on a Stick – Fun for kids and adults.
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – This is one of my personal favorites and lower in points that you might think.
- Weight Watchers Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Cups – One of my favorite MyWW summer desserts, your guests will love this sweet treat.
There are so many great WW side dishes to go with your summer picnic. Let us know in the comments below which is your favorite Weight Watchers recipe to bring along.
How Far Ahead Can You Make Coleslaw?
Inspired Taste has some great tips on making coleslaw. They suggest making the dressing a few days ahead of time and if you decide to shred your vegetables yourself instead of using the pre-mix coleslaw, you can do that a day in advance as well.
Just remember, the longer the vegetables sit in the dressing the less crunchy the coleslaw will become, but your salad will also absorb more flavor when it sits in the refrigerator for a few hours.
Tips For Making Healthy Coleslaw
Here are some tips for making coleslaw more healthy.
Use Fresh Veggies
You can use the pre-cut coleslaw mix, but keep in mind that when you shred your own veggies they will stay crisp longer.
You can finely shred your veggies using a sharp knife and cutting board, use a vegetable julienne slicer or your food processor.
If you choose to use a bag of premix coleslaw, be sure to check the expiration date and pick the freshest bag available at your store.
Watch The Amount Of Dressing You Use
Our Weight Watchers Coleslaw recipe uses a low fat and sugar free dressing so you don’t need to worry about using less. If you use another recipe for coleslaw dressing, be sure to watch the calories in that dressing and the amount you put in your coleslaw, as this will increase the points significantly.
Weight Watchers Coleslaw Recipe
This healthy coleslaw recipe is quick and easy to make. You can make it a day ahead of time and it will be nice and cold to enjoy when you are ready for your summer cookout or dinner side dish.
In a small bowl mix together plain, non-fat Greek yogurt, distilled white vinegar (for tangy) or apple cider vinegar (for less tang), powdered erythritol (Splenda, Truvia, Puyre, or powdered sweetener of choice), dry mustard, black pepper, teaspoon salt.
You can make the dressing mix a few days ahead of time if needed and keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
In a large bowl, toss together vegetables. Pour dressing over the top and toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate overnight for the best results. Serve as a side dish at your favorite summer cookout or a delicious dinner.
Weight Watchers Coleslaw
- 2 16 oz bags tricolor shredded coleslaw
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion, green parts only
- 1 tbsp distilled white vinegar (for tangy) or apple cider vinegar (for less tang)
- 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol (Splenda, Truvia, Puyre, or powdered sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, yogurt, sweetener, dry mustard, black pepper, and salt.
- In a large bowl, toss together vegetables. Pour dressing over the top and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for best results.
What is your favorite main dish to eat along with coleslaw? Let us know in the comments below.
More Weight Watchers Articles You Will Enjoy
Weight Watchers Fruit Salad – Here’s a Weight Watchers fruit salad recipe that is perfect for summer. These red, white, and blue dessert cups are perfect for the 4th of July or any day you want to celebrate the sweet tastes of summer berries. This refreshing, creamy dessert is loaded with blueberries and strawberries. Bring this WW treat to your next back yard cook-out or enjoy at home with friends and family.
Weight Watchers Insider Secrets – Do you have a goal of losing weight using the Weight Watchers program, and you want to lose it faster? I’ve lost over 100 pounds using Weight Watchers, so I know the WW system and how to lose weight faster while still enjoying the foods you love. Keep reading for the full details.
Weight Watchers Strawberry Pretzel Cups – Are you ready for a delicious spring or summertime dessert that will keep you on track with your weight loss goals? A refreshing Weight Watchers Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Cup is just what you need at your next family cook-out. Your family and guests will want to come back for more, and they’ll never know they are eating a lighter dessert.
7 Steps I Took To Break A 15 Year Weight Loss Plateau -Are you wondering how to break a weight loss plateau? If you have lost some weight and gotten stuck, I understand the frustration! While it’s not easy, breaking a plateau is totally possible. After 15 years of maintaining most of a 100 pound weight loss, last year I finally broke a plateau and got to my goal weight.
Pin This Weight Watchers Coleslaw Recipe For Later