Everything But the Bagel seasoning is a delicious savory blend of garlic, salt, onion, pepper, and seeds. Maybe you’ve bought a jar and are wondering how you can use it. We’ve compiled a list of over 30 delicious ways to use this tasty seasoning.
What is Everything But the Bagel Seasoning?
This delicious seasoning blend was first created when a bakery shop owner dumped in all the seasonings for other bagels in the shop and created the “everything” bagel.
The seasoning blend in a jar gives the same taste profile as an everything bagel and typically includes garlic, sesame and poppy seeds, minced dried onion and salt and pepper.
You can purchase this seasoning at Trader Joe’s, Walmart, Amazon.com, Costco or your local grocery store. If you can’t find it, no problem! Use our Homemade Everything But the Bagel recipe and whip up a batch in your kitchen.
Trader Joe’s Everything but The Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend 2.3 oz (65 g) – PACK OF 2McCormick Everything Bagel All Purpose Seasoning, 14.3 ozOlde Thompson Everything Bagel Seasoning 11.5 OzFlavor Mate Original Everything Bagel Seasoning 10 OZ XL Shaker Jar Blend Of Sesame Seeds Sea Salt Garlic Onion Black Sesame
Healthy Ways to Use Everything Bagel Mix
The seasoning is a great way to add flavor and punch to lots of healthy recipes and food ideas. Keep in mind that because of the seeds, this seasoning does have some points/calories but they are reasonable.
One 1/4 tsp of Everything seasoning is zero points on MyWW Green, Blue, and Purple and 1 tsp is 1 point on each plan.
All of the following ideas are low in points and calories to keep you on the right track with your healthy living goals. As someone who is maintaining a 100 pound weight loss, I understand the importance of having delicious, healthy choices that fit into my points or calorie budget for the day.
Everything seasoning is wonderful for Weight Watchers, Keto, Paleo, Low Carb, Whole 30, and Vegetarian and Vegan diets.
30 Low WW Point & Low Calorie Ways to Use Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
Here are 30 ways to use this seasoning blend.
- Two Ingredient Dough Bagels – These delicious bagels require just 2 ingredients and are great with EBTB seasoning sprinkled on top or incorporated right into the dough.
- Slow Cooker two ingredient bread – Brush the top of your bread with egg white and sprinkle with seasoning before baking.
- Eggs – Whether scrambled, sunny side up, or over-easy, eggs taste amazing with a sprinkle of EBTB seasoning on top.
- Everything But the Bagel Chicken, Salmon, or Pork Chops – Spray with cooking spray or brush meat with light spread of olive oil, then coat generously in Everything seasoning. Bake or air-fry until done. This recipe for air-fryer salmon would be delicious with Everything Bagel seasoning as a substitute for the panko breadcrumbs.
- Steak – Grill or saute steak cut of your choice and sprinkle with Everything seasoning before serving.
- EBTB Chicken Wings – This savory seasoning tastes amazing on chicken wings! While it’s true that wings are higher in fat and calories, one thing my trial of keto taught me is that healthy fat helps with hunger and you eat less overall when you include some in each day’s meals. Use this air fryer chicken wings recipe as a guide.
- Vegetables – Whether grilled, sauteed, pan roasted or air fried, veggie taste better with a sprinkle of EBTB on them.
- Tuna, Chicken, or Egg salad – Add 1-3 tsp of Everything seasoning to your favorite recipe. Use our WW chicken or tuna salad or WW egg salad recipes for a low points version.
- Veggie Dip – Mix 8 oz of plain, non-fat Greek yogurt with 2 tsp EBTB seasoning and you have a delicious dip for raw vegetables.
- Cottage Cheese – Sprinkle on cottage cheese. Serve with a slide of tomato slices.
- Avocado toast – Top light bread, toasted, with 1/4 – 1/2 avocado, smashed and sprinkle with seasoning. If desired, add an egg for extra protein.
- Hard boiled eggs – Sprinkle on for crunch and flavor.
- Deviled Eggs – Sprinkle on top of deviled eggs for a flavor twist. We make our eggs with non-fat, plain Greek yogurt to make a zero point (on MyWW Blue and Purple, low points on Green) deviled egg.
- French fries – Whether store-bought or homemade, try a sprinkle to give a new flavor twist. This is especially good on sweet potato fries.
- Baked Potatoes – Try sprinkled on top of a baked potato. Our air fryer baked potatoes are especially creamy and delicious.
- Laughing Cow Toast – Toast a slice of light bread, spread with a Laughing Cow wedge and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Grilled Cheese – Two slices of light bread, light cheese, a sprinkle of EBTB seasoning and 2 tsp of butter make an amazing sandwich.
- Popcorn – Air-pop or microwave popcorn, spray with a bit of butter flavored spray and sprinkle with EBTB seasoning for a low-calorie savory snack.
- Brown rice – Make brown rice with chicken broth instead of water and sprinkle with Everything seasoning for a delicious side dish that goes with chicken, fish, or pork. Add steamed veggies and dinner is complete.
- Refried beans – Top fat free (zero points on Blue and Purple on WW) refried beans with this seasoning for a different taste combination.
- Salad topper – Instead of high calorie and point-heavy salad dressing, try lemon juice, 1 tsp olive oil and a hearty shake of EBTB seasoning.
- Tortilla chips – Brush a low carb whole wheat tortilla with egg white, sprinkle on seasoning, and bake or air-fry for 15 minutes.
- Savory cucumber slices – Thickly slice cucumber into rounds and spread with light cream cheese or a Laughing Cow cheese wedge. Sprinkle with seasoning. These are pretty enough to serve as an appetizer at your next get-together.
- Celery sticks – Stuff celery with light cream cheese or laughing cow cheese and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Corn on the Cob – Sprinkle on corn for a deliciously different side dish.
- Hummus – Sprinkle on hummus to take the flavors to the next level.
- Grits – Make grits savory with a shake of EBTB seasoning.
- Crispy tofu – Bake or saute tofu sliced and sprinkle with seasoning before serving. This is a delicious WW vegetarian dinner option.
- Stir Fry – Sprinkle on stir-fry to heighten the flavor.
- Fried rice – Make a fried rice with brown or cauliflower rice, vegetables of choice, and scrambled egg. Top with seasoning before serving.
Now that you have a huge list of ways to use Everything But the Bagel seasoning blend, which one will you try first?
Do you have a new idea we didn’t think of? Share it in the comments below.
More Posts You Will Love
Weight Watchers 7 Day Basic Meal Plan – Use this meal plan to have delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack options for MyWW Blue, Green, and Purple plans. We’ve done the work for you.
45+ Ways to Use Greek Yogurt – Here are a bunch of ways to use this nutritional powerhouse.
When You Have a Lot of Weight to Use – Are you overwhelmed with the amount of weight you have to lose? This post guides you through special considerations for when you have 50, 75 or more pounds to lose.
How to Use Your Instant Pot for Weight Loss – The Instant Pot isn’t just for cheesecakes and fatty meats. Use it for healthy food meal prep.
Which Air Fryer is Best for You? – Are you wondering which air fryer would be best for you and your family? Use this guide to choose the one that’s right for you.