Have you tried two ingredient dough bagels yet? What’s easier than a bagel recipe that doesn’t need yeast nor proofing? These bagels are especially popular with WW members because the bagels are just 2 points each. They are a delicious treat for anyone who wants to eat healthier or wants a super-simple bagel recipe.
What Is 2 Ingredient Dough?
If you haven’t tried it yet, 2 ingredient dough is a bread recipe made with equal parts self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. That’s it!
Click here for the complete 2 ingredient dough recipe instructions and ways to make them.
This recipe has been around for a while, but now that plain, non-fat Greek yogurt is zero points on MyWW Blue and Purple and low in points on MyWW Green this recipe has taken off. The bagels, breadsticks, and more that you make from this recipe have a tangy flavor similar to sourdough from the Greek yogurt. They are soft on the inside with a chewy crust on the outside that is perfect for any bread lover.
Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Dough
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup greek yogurt plain, non-fat
- Mix yogurt and flour. Dough will be quite sticky.
- Form into desired shape, like bagels, bread sticks, or pizza crust.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 18-22 minutes.
Do you need to eat low carb or gluten free? Be sure to check out our low carb 2 ingredient dough recipe, variation, too.
View this post on Instagram
How Many Weight Watcher Points Are In A Bagel?
When you make a batch of 2 ingredient dough with 1 cup of flour and 1 cup of Greek yogurt, and divide it into 6 bagels, each bagel is 2 points.
The regular two-ingredient yogurt bagel recipe is 2 points each on the MyWW Blue, MyWW Green, and MyWW Purple plans. However, the low carb two-ingredient dough bagel variation is 3 points each on each color plan.
Keep in mind that a regular bagel is anywhere from 4 points (for a small, plain Lender’s bagel) to 10+ pounds for a bakery bagel, such as a Panera Blueberry bagel is 10 points and a Panera Cinnamon Crunch bagel is 17 points. So while this recipe is a bit of work, it’s worth the effort for a drastically lower calorie and low point bagel alternative.
Can You Air Fry Bagels?
Yes you can air fry bagels and they are amazing.
Here are the steps for how to make Two Ingredient Bagels in the Air Fryer:
- Make dough with equal parts self-rising flour and plain Greek yogurt.
- Form into a ball.
- Divide dough into 6 parts and form each piece into a rope.
- Shape into a bagel and either brush with egg white or dip into boiling salt water for 30 seconds.
- Bake in air fryer at 350 for 10 minutes. If available, we recommend using a piece of air fryer parchment paper so your bagel doesn’t stick to the basket.
Another way to cook bagels in the air fryer is to make pizza bagels.
Once I have the bagels baked, we slice them in half and top them with our favorite pizza toppings and air fry. The key here is to be sure to adjust your temperature accordingly depending on your air fryer settings.
These cook perfectly for us at 355 degrees for 5 minutes.
Do you need help finding the perfect air fryer for your family? Check out our guide.
How Should You Store 2 Ingredient Bagels?
Bagels are freshest when eaten within a day or two of cooking them, or they can be frozen. Bagels can be thawed on the counter top for a few hours or in the microwave for 30 seconds. I recommending toasting bagels to get that crusty, chewy texture that we all love.
Dough can be stored in the fridge for up to 48 hours before baking, or wrap in saran wrap and place the frozen dough in a Ziploc bag. Thaw in the refrigerator until soft (about 24 hours) before using in your favorite yogurt dough recipe.
What Do You Eat On An Everything Bagel?
Have you tried the Everything Bagel Seasoning? We love it in our family! The bagel itself is usually made using a standard recipe; but instead of only one topping, it is topped with a mixture of every bagel topping used in the bakery. Poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion flakes, garlic flakes, pretzel salt, and pepper are all popular toppings that most vendors use on an everything bagel. Get the recipe for Everything But The Bagel Seasoning here!
Top your everything bagel with butter or cream cheese or yes, a sprinkle more of everything seasoning because you can’t have too much.
For a traditional bagel topping, cream cheese and lox is a classic.
Try melting cheese on your Everything bagel for another variation.
Everything bagels also make a delicious breakfast sandwich with eggs or lunch with chicken, tuna, or egg salad.
Everything Bagel Seasoning Blend, 24 oz Jar – All Natural, All Purpose Specialty Spice Mix – Sea Salt, Dried Onion, Poppy Seeds, Sesame, Garlic Powder and MoreWhite Lily Unbleached Self-Rising Flour, 5-lb bags (2-Pack)Carbquik Baking Biscuit Mix 3 lbs (2 Pack) DFGNCuisinart CTG-00-SMB Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls with Lids, Set of 3Wilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set
What to Put on Bagels for WW
Here are some ideas for how to top your bagels when you are following Weight Watchers.
- Spray with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray (0 points)
- Top with regular (2 points for 1 T on MyWW Green, Blue, and Purple), light (1 T is 1 point), whipped (1 T for 2 points), or fat free cream cheese (1/4 cup is 1 point).
- Spread with real butter (1 T is 5 points).
- Spread with reduced calorie margarine (1T is 3 points).
- Spread with Brummel and Brown spread made with yogurt (1 T is 2 points on all plans).
- Try slicing them toasting a bagel and filling it with our Weight Watchers Tuna Salad or Egg salad for a delicious, protein-packed low point lunch.
What Do You Put On Bagels
We love this list from New Yorker Bagels for a variety of ways to eat a bagel.
- Asiago cheese bagel, spread liberally with cream cheese then topped with crushed red pepper, sliced green onions, additional hot sauce and chopped avocado.
- Everything bagel, split and toasted, then covered in hummus. You can use the plain or flavored kind.
- Whole wheat bagel, split and topped with egg salad, a thin slice of tomato and a sprinkling of paprika – delicious, filling and a great way to get over the mid-day hump!
- Jalapeño bagel with cream cheese and mint jelly. Hot and cool, tangy, and sweet all in one.
- Fresh egg bagel, with thinly sliced avocado and a slice of provolone on top, run under the broiler. Heart healthy and tasty!
- Sesame seed bagel, halved and covered with thinly sliced kosher hard salami, Dijon mustard, and Gruyere cheese, then broiled until bubbly and brown.
What is your favorite bagel topping?
15+ Two Ingredient Dough Bagel Recipes
Here are a variety of ww bagel recipe options. These are sure to be new favorites.
- The Basic – 2 Ingredient Dough Bagels -The classic recipe, these 2 Ingredient Bagels are simply made with self rising flour and non-fat Greek yogurt. Learn all the tips and tricks of working with this simple dough.
- Cinnamon Raisin Bagels – Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Dough Bagels – Here’s the WW official two ingredient dough recipe right from their website. If flavored bagels are your thing, try adding 1 tsp cinnamon to the flour and 2 tbsp plumped raisins to the dough for an additional 1SmartPoints value per serving.
- Bagels Without Self-Rising Flour – No self rising flour? No problem. Follow our simple instructions to make your own self-rising flour and you are ready to make delicious bagels with just a couple more easy ingredients.
- Whole Wheat or White Whole Wheat Bagels – Follow our instructions to make your own self-rising flour and substitute the flour of your choice. You may want to use a combination of white flour and whole wheat flour for the softest texture.
- Oatmeal Bagels – Substitute half of the self-rising flour for oat flour or quick-cooking oatmeal. Do not use old-fashioned oats. If you only have old-fashioned oats on hand, give them a quick spin in the food processor to make oat flour.
- Low Carb Two Ingredient Dough Bagels with Low Carb Baking Mix – For our low-carb bagels, we used Carb Quick for a fast and delicious option.
- Low Carb Bagels Made with Almond Flour. – These almond flour bagels are a low carb option. The dough is more temperamental than regular dough so we recommend carefully rolling it out and shaping it into a bagel shape.
- Gluten-Free Bagels – Use the almond flour recipe above or a gluten-free baking mix.
- Flax Seed Bagels – 2 Ingredient Dough Flax Seed Bagels – Here’s a two ingredient bagel variation with flax seed for extra crunch and nutrition.
- Rainbow Bagels – 2 Ingredient Dough Rainbow Bagels -Rainbow bagels are the hottest thing on Instagram thanks to The Bagel Shop in Brooklyn. They’re beautiful and New York bagels are amazing, but most of us won’t be traveling to NYC for a bagel. This is a fun recipe to try with kids.
- Asiago, Cheddar, or Parmesan Bagels – Mix 1/4 cup shredded Asiago or Parmesan Cheese into bagel dough. Top with 1 T cheese per bagel before baking. Add 1 point per bagel.
- Onion – Mix 2 tsp onion powder OR 1 tsp onion salt OR 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh onion into dough before baking.
- Egg Bagels – Brush bagels with generous amount of egg wash (1 egg, beaten, plus 1 T water) before baking.
- Rye Bagels – Use half rye flour and half white flour to make dough.
- Pizza Bagels – 2 Ingredient Dough Pizza Bagels – Yummy pizza bagels for an easy dinner or ww appetizer made with 2 ingredient dough.
- Jalapeno Bagels – Mix 2 tsp finely chopped fresh or jarred jalepenos into dough. Bake as directed on basic recipe.
- Blueberry Bagels – Chop 1/4 cup fresh blueberries. Once bagels are shaped, carefully press blueberries into dough with a few pieces per bagel. We do not recommend mixing the blueberries into the dough as they break apart and the dough becomes too wet. We also do not recommend using frozen blueberries for the same reason.
Now you have all the information you need to make these delicious, no yeast, no knead bagels with ease, plus you have a whole bunch of variations to try. Did you know you can make pizza with 2 ingredient dough!! Yes you can!
You will feel good knowing you have a healthy option the next time you are in the mood for a bagel snack or breakfast sandwich.
Which bagel variation is your favorite? Share in the comments below.
Grab this printable list 2 ingredient dough recipes!
More Recipes You Will Enjoy
25+ Weight Watchers Air Fryer Recipes – If you are a WW member, you need this helpful list of delicious recipes.
Slow Cooker 2 Ingredient Dough Recipe -Are you looking for a quick, easy bread recipe that’s low in calories, full of protein, and easy to make? Check out this slow cooker 2 ingredient dough bread recipe. This 2 ingredient dough is super-popular with Weight Watchers members because it’s low in points and easy to make. This crockpot version is especially easy and delicious. This dough is fun for kids and adults to make because it comes together so easily.
10 WW Recipes Using Ingredient Found In Your Pantry -Are you in a situation where fresh food isn’t available and you need to come up with dinner quickly? These 10 WW Recipes Using Ingredients Found In Your Pantry will be a life saver when you must cook meals with only ingredients found in your pantry. While we know that fresh, whole produce and ingredients are the best, there are times when it’s not available, you need to stretch your grocery budget a few more days, or getting to the store simply isn’t an option. That’s where these WW recipes come in handy. You’ll be able to make healthy foods and stick to your Weight Watchers points.
Pin these 2 Ingredient Dough Bagel Recipes For Later