If you live near a Trader Joe’s, you probably already know that many of this store’s food selections are organic and healthier versions of America’s favorite foods at reasonable prices. If you’re starting your Weight Watchers journey, you may be confused about what you can buy and what you need to stay far away from. Today I will show you what to buy at Trader Joe’s with our Weight Watchers Trader Joe’s Shopping list. Scroll to the bottom where we’ve included a free printable list you can take to the store with you.
How to Succeed and Lose Weight with Weight Watchers
I’ve been following WW for many years and in fact lost most of my 100 lb weight loss following the program, eating healthy foods for weight loss like these from Trader Joe’s on the list below. Read more about my weight loss story here:
100 lb Weight Loss: HOW did you DO It? – How did I manage to lose 100+ pounds and keep it off? This post explains my weight loss journey.
100 lb Weight Loss: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – I get so many questions about my weight loss that I created a helpful post that explains all the details of what I eat, what I do, and products I use to maintain my weight loss.
Today, I run an online Christian women’s fitness and healthy eating program, Faithful Finish Lines, and I still follow the Weight Watchers program because it works!
Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend 2.3 OzTrader Joe’s Trader Giotto’s Oven-Baked, Gluten-Free, Low Carb Cheese Bites (3-pack)Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Covered Powerberries…8 Oz. Bag3 Pack Trader Joes Roasted Plantain ChipsTrader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups 16 ozTrader Joe’s Triple Ginger SnapsTrader Joe’s Sweetened Dried Lemon SlicesTrader Joe’s Chile Lime Seasoning Blend, 2.9 ozTrader Joe’s Mixed Nut Butter Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Brazil, Hazelnuts, & Pecans 12 ozTrader Joe’s Crispy Crunchy Broccoli FloretsTrader Joe’s Goddess Dressing 8 oz – 2 PackTrader Joe’s Thai Yellow Curry Sauce – 2 Pack
Weight Watchers Trader Joe’s Shopping Guide Video
Watch this video to see photos of our favorite Trader Joe’s WW foods.
Weight Watchers Trader Joe’s Shopping List
Look for the following items when shopping at your local Trader Joe’s. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, some of these items can be purchased on Amazon.com.
If you are looking for the Weight Watchers Trader Joe’s Freestyle points, use the MyWW Blue points listed below. They will be the same as Freestyle.
Weight Watchers Trader Joe’s Shopping List
Vegetables & Fruits
Vegetables will forever and always be a key food to healthy eating on the WW program, and Trader Joe’s is a great place to find a wide variety at reasonable prices. Shop all your favorite veggies which are almost all ZERO points except for potatoes on MyWW Green and Blue (and zero for MyWW Purple).
Be sure to check out our WW Green Zero Point Food List, WW Blue Zero Point Food List, and MyWW Purple Zero Point food list and the The Basic Weight Watchers Grocery List for plenty of vegetable ideas.
Also check out our Weight Watchers Walmart shopping list if that’s a store you use regularly.
Find these items in the produce section right as you enter the store.
- Trader Joe’s french green beans– 0 points on all plans
- Trader Joe’s grilled cauliflower– 0 points on all plans
- Trader Joe’s organic riced cauliflower– 0 on all plans
- Trader Joe’s Butternut squash zig-zags– 0 points on all plans – These little squash fries are especially good. Cook them like french fries or mix them into other dishes.
- Trader Joe’s seasonal produce – All fruits and vegetables you and your family enjoy – Trader Joe’s has great produce that is reasonable in price. Plan to load up your cart in this section! All your favorite veggies which are almost all ZERO points except for potatoes on MyWW Green and Blue (and zero for MyWW Purple).
- Trader Joe’s salad mixes – TJ has a great variety of salad mixes. Just be sure to check points for those with included dressing.
Find these items on the Trader Joe’s grocery store shelves where they are boxes and canned items in the middle sections.
- Trader Joe’s Protein Pancake Mix – This pancake mix is similar to Kodiak mix. It’s not necessarily lower in points than other pancake mixes, but it’s high in protein so it’s more filling. It can also be used not only for pancakes but to make muffins and other baked items. Only 3 MyWW points on all plans per 1/4 cup of dry mix.
- Trader Joe’s Pistachio Pomegranate Crips – These are seasonal so you might only be able to find them in the fall and winter, but they are worth watching for. Only 4 MyWW points on all color plans per 11 crips.
- Speculoos Cookie Butter – Okay, let’s talk about this amazing stuff. I’ll be honest and say it’s too dangerous for me to keep in the house (right there with Nutella and canned frosting) but some WW members enjoy it in moderation. Only 4 MyWW points on all color plans per 1 TBSP.
- Trader Joe’s Nut Butters – 3 points per Tablespoon on all MyWW plans. These aren’t low in points or any different from the kinds at the grocery store, but they are high quality and you can find peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, and mixed nut butters. Only 6 points on MyWW color plans per 2 TBSP.
- Trader Joe’s Brown Rice and Quinoa Pasta – Again, you won’t find a points savings for these pastas, but if you are avoiding wheat flour these can be a good option for you. Many of these are zero points on MyWW Purple plan. MyWW Green and Blue plans – 6 points per 2 oz serving.
Watch for the following items in the Trader Joe’s cold deli section with meats and cheeses. At my Trader Joe’s these are in the back corner of the store in cold cases. Some more specialty cheeses are in the produce section as well.
- Celebrity black forest ham (one slice)- 0 points on all MyWW color plans.
- Trader Joe’s Soy Chorizo (2.5 ounce)– 4 points on all MyWW color plans. – This soy version of chorizo is a spicy breakfast meat alternative that is a huge points savings from regular chorizo. Stir it into eggs or make a breakfast burrito.
- Trader Joe’s turkey meatballs (two meatballs)– 3 points on all MyWW color plans – TJs carries a regular variety of these or watch for the cranberry version around the holidays.
- Trader Joe’s turkey bacon (1 slice)– 0 points on all MyWW color plans – A delicious turkey bacon.
- Trader Joe’s light cheese slices (1 slice) – 2 points on all MyWW color plans – These light cheese slices can be hard to find but they are worth the hunt. This is a lighter cheese that actually melts (instead of turning to rubber like fat free cheese) and has the mouth feel of typical cheese.
- Trader Joe’s Chocolate Hummus (2 TBSP) – 2 points on all MyWW color plans – When I first head of sweet hummus (chickpeas) I thought no way, but these chocolate hummus is delicious. I love it on apples or a banana. It’s also great as a dip for pretzels or smeared on crackers.
When it comes to smart snacking, Trader Joe’s has your back, WW friend. Here are some go-to options. You’ll find these snack items toward the end of your shopping trip, in the aisles closest to check out.
- Trader Joe’s organic dark chocolate bar (1 square)- 2 points on all MyWW color plans.
- Trader Joe’s organic animal crackers (17 crackers)– 4 points on all MyWW color plans.
- Trader Joe’s turkey jerky (1 ounce)– 1 point on all MyWW color plans – A healthier jerky, this is great for on-the-go snacking and road trips.
- Trader Joe’s sour cream and onion corn puffs (2 1/2 cups)– 4 points on all MyWW color plans – Similar to a cheese puff, but with a ranch-type flavor.
- Trader Joe’s White Cheddar Corn Puffs (2 1/2 cups) – 4 points on all MyWW color plans. These are a lighter version of Cheetos puffs.
- Trader Joe’s Banana Date Nut Bread Crisps (3 crips) – 3 points on all MyWW color plans.
- Trader Joe’s Savory Thin Rice Crackers (Multiseed) (1 ounce serving) – 3 points on all MyWW color plans.
- Trader Joe’s Baked Cheese Crunchies Cheese Flavored Corn Snack (33 pieces)- 4 points on all MyWW color plans. Think of these as your healthier Cheetos option.
Here are some lower-point Trader Joe’s bread options. In my Trader Joe’s, bread is across from the produce.
- LaTortilla factory Sonoma Carb Cutting Tortilla (1 fajita sized tortilla)– 1 point on all MyWW color plans.
- Sprouted wheat bread Dave’s killer 21 seed (1 slice)– 3 points on all MyWW color plans. Trader Joe’s stocks almost exclusively their own branded products, so you know an item is special when they carry a different name brand like this Dave’s bread.
- Trader Joe’s Reduced Carb Whole Wheat flour tortilla (1 tortilla) – 1 point on all MyWW color plans. These tortillas are hearty and lower in points due to the additional fiber.
Sauces and Seasonings
Check out these sauces and seasonings from Trader Joe’s shelves. Find these in the middle grocery section near the boxes and cans.
- Giotto traditional marinara sauce (1/2 cup)– 2 points on all MyWW color plans – This is a great low-point spaghetti sauce. Have it with one of the above listed Trader Joe’s pastas or serve it over spaghetti squash for an even lower point meal.
- Trader Joe’s organic maple syrup (1 Tbsp)– 3 points on all MyWW color plans. Delicious for those who want to eat all-natural sweetener.
- Everything But the Bagel seasoning blend (1 tsp) – 0 points on all MyWW color plans. This seasoning is WAY popular with WW people who make bagels with 2 ingredient dough. I like it for that and to sprinkle on my eggs or even chicken and fish. Try it as a coating for chicken wings that you put in the air fryer for a great treat.
- Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Seasoning – 0 MyWW Points on all plans. This season is absolutely divine on fresh pineapple.
- Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning – 0 MyWW Points on all plans. This is a general seasoning blend to use with chicken, fish, or veggies. I like it but not as well as other TJ’s seasonings.
- Trader Joe’s Everything But the Elote Seasoning – 0 MyWW Points on all plans. Elote is Mexican street corn, and this is a bread new Trader Joe’s seasoning blend for 2020. I haven’t spotted it on shelves yet, but I can’t wait to try it.
Trader Joe’s offers a huge selection of frozen foods that fit well into the WW plan. Honestly, this is a place where I think TJ really shines so plan to spend plenty of time in their frozen section.
I love to keep these top-pick TJ items in my freezer for quick lunches and healthy dinner meals.
The frozen section is right after produce in Trader Joe’s stores.
- Trader Joe’s chicken tamale (1 Tamale – Chicken & Green Chili)– 4 points on all MyWW color plans.. Lower in points than a traditional tamale with plenty of great flavor.
- Trader Joe’s Guiltless Reduced Fat Mac n Cheese (1 container) – 8 points on all MyWW color plans. I haven’t tried this yet myself but I’ve heard of people who love it so much that they eat it every single day for lunch.
- Trader Joe’s shepherd’s pie (1 cup)– MyWW Green 3 points, MyWW Blue 3 points, MyWW Purple 2 points. Note the points are for 1 cup.
- Trader Joe’s pizza veggie burger (1 patty)– 4 points on all MyWW color plans. Trader Joe’s has a wide variety of veggie burgers and flavors and I haven’t tried one yet I didn’t enjoy.
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Goyza Potstickers (7 items) – 6 points on all MyWW color plans. This is one of my personal favorite TJ items. Put these in the air fryer to get them nice and crispy. Serve along with a side of stir fry mix (also frozen) and you’ll be full for hours.
- Trader Joe’s Cauliflower stir fry mix – 1 point per serving on all MyWW color plans. Just one point and so good! Serve with TJ potstickers for a real treat.
- Trader Joe’s Salmon Burgers (1 burger) – 2 points on all MyWW color plans. So healthy and low in points.
- Trader Joe’s vegetarian burgers and cakes (1 cake) – 1-6 points depending on type
- Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Chicken Burgers – 3 points on all MyWW color plans If you love southwest flavors, you’ll love this. It’s not overly spicy.
- Trader Joe’s Butternut Squash Pizza Crust – 1 points for 1/8 crust on all MyWW color plans. TJ’s has a whole line of veggie pizza crusts now – cauliflower, broccoli and butternut squash are all options.
- Trader Joe’s Scallion Pancakes – These make a great side dish.
- Trader Joe’s Vegetable Bird’s Nests (1 piece) – 2 points on all MyWW color plans. Another great side dish or pair with some protein for lunch.
- Trader Joe’s Frozen Pork gyoza potstickers (7 pieces) – 7 points on all MyWW color plans. Super yummy flavor.
- Trader Joe’s Mandarin Orange Chicken (1 cup) – 9 points on MyWW Green, Blue, and Purple. This item is not especially low in points, but I wanted to include it because it’s the #1 most popular Trader Joe’s item sold. If you splurge, pair it with a zero point stir-fry mix or cauliflower rice to make it more filling.
- Trader Joe’s Cauliflower and Broccoli Vegetable patties (1 patty) – 1 point on all MyWW color plans, these are a great side or pair with protein for lunch.
- Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi (1 cup) – 4 points on all MyWW color plans. This is another TJ’s SUPER popular item. These gnocchi are a pasta alternative made with cauliflower and potato flour. Made in the air fryer, they taste like a tater tot. Sautee in a skillet with a bit of olive oil or cooking spray and they taste like a decadent pasta. I make them with sauteed onion, mushroom, and spinach and I feel like I’m eating a gourmet meal.
Trader Joe’s Weight Watchers Must-Haves
If you are new to Trader Joe’s shopping or perhaps visiting a store that’s far away, these are the top picks on my list. If you are wondering what you should buy at Trader Joe’s for Weight Watchers or what to buy at Trader Joes to lose weight, start with these favorites.
Some of these can also be purchased on Amazon.
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Trader Joe’s Gyoza Potstickers (Chicken or Pork)
- Trader Joe’s Guiltless Mac n Cheese
- Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Stir Fry Mix
And if you want to splurge, add on:
- Spookios Cookie Butter
- Trader Joe’s Mandarin Orange Chicken
All of these items on my Weight Watchers Trader Joe’s Shopping List are excellent choices when you’re looking to follow a Weight Watchers diet and they work for the MyWW Green, Blue and Purple plans.
What are some of your favorite Trader Joe’s items that are also Weight Watcher friendly? Let us know in the comments so we can share.
Post updated for MyWW plans and new TJ items – Updated March, 2020.
Grab your Free Printable Weight Watchers Trader Joe’s Shopping List Here
Click here to download this helpful Trader Joe’s shopping list and bring it with you the next time you had to your local TJ store.
More MyWW Posts You Will Love
Pin this Trader Joe’s WW Post for Later
Weight Watchers Help Guide
Here's how weight loss happens.
*EASY Low point snacks & recipes to keep you full and satisfied.
*The best foods to eat when you are following the WW program.
*Tips & insider tricks to make following the Weight Watchers program easier and more enjoyable.