Check out these WW Zucchini Turkey Burgers that are incredibly moist and juicy yet low in points because they use ground turkey breast and shredded zucchini. These protein-packed burgers are great at the end of summer when zucchini is plentiful, but they can easily be made year-round for a delicious lunch or filling dinner.
These WW Zucchini Turkey Burgers are a great way to enjoy your favorite summertime burgers without sacrificing lean protein on a diet.
Weight Watchers Personal Points for Turkey Burgers
These WW points for burgers (does not include buns, toppings, or condiments) are 0 points for me. Your personal points will vary depending on your zero point food list. Click here to see yours:
Here are the points for other turkey burgers on Weightwatchers plan:
- Jennie-O 93% lean turkey burger – 5 points
- Butterball Natural Inspirations turkey burgers – 4 points
- Trader Joe’s turkey burger – 5 points
- Jennie-O turkey burger – 6 points
Topping for Zucchini Burgers
Here are some topping for zucchini burgers that are low in calories and points:
- Tomato – zero points
- Pickles – zero points if sugar free
- Mushrooms and onions sautéed in water or broth – zero points
- Sugar free ketchup or BBQ sauce such as G. Hughes or Primal
- Mustard – zero points
- Light cheese such as Sargento Ultra thin, Cabot light or Velveeta light (1-2 points each)
- Light hamburger bun – 2-3 points depending on brand (You can also serve on regular buns, open-faced without bun tops, to save a few calories if desired.)
What to Serve with WW (Weight Watchers Reimagined) Turkey Burgers
Serve your zucchini burgers with a delicious side such as:
- Meal prep salads in a jar
- Apple broccoli salad
- frozen French fries in the air fryer
- Baked potatoes
- Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone
Meal Prep Turkey Burgers
To meal prep turkey burgers:
- Prepare according to directions below.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in fridge for up to 3 days or until eating.
- These make a great lunch on busy days, or even breakfast served along with an egg.
- Prepare according to directions below, either cooking or keeping uncooked.
- If cooking, allow to cool completely.
- Flash freeze (freeze for one hour on a baking sheet) or wrap individually and store in a zipper bag.
- Before serving, thaw.
- Cook as directed below if raw.
- If already cooked, reheat in microwave, air-fryer, or stove top for 2-3 minutes or until hot.
- Store in freezer for up to 3 months.
Is Ground Turkey Zero Points on Weight Watchers?
Ground turkey breast is zero points for WW members. Ground chicken breast is also zero points for these members. Note that it’s important to use ground turkey breast, not just ground turkey which is 1 point per ounce.
4 Steps to Make Zucchini Turkey Burgers (with Photos)
Step 1 – Gather ingredients.
Gather ingredients. Note that you have the option to use lean ground turkey or chicken, or lean ground turkey breast. Ground breast is the most lean and lowest in WW points (zero WW for members.)
Step 2 – Shred Zucchini
Shred zucchini and press out excess moisture with a paper towel.
Step 3 – Mix & Form Burgers
Combine ingredients and mix together gently. Overmixing will make your burgers tough. Combine them just enough so that they stick together.
These burgers are so flavorful that I don’t think they need salt, but feel free to add up to a teaspoon to enhance the flavor.
With wet hands, form into 4 patties.
Step 4 – Cook
Grill, skillet-cook, or oven-bake on low broil your turkey burgers for 6 minutes. These also cook well on a non-stick ridged grill pan or a George Foreman grill.
Carefully flip and cook 6 minutes more. Check the internal temperature. Burgers are done when they reach 165 degrees. Take care not to overcook so they stay moist and flavorful. Place on a baking dish and serve with condiments and toppings.
Serve your burgers bun-less or top with your favorite toppings and serve on a light bun.
Weight Watchers Zucchini Turkey Burgers
- 1.5 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 small zucchini)
- 1 pound turkey breast ground, extra lean 99% fat free
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Press shredded zucchini firmly between 2 paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix together just until combined. (Overmixing makes your burgers less tender.)
- With wet hands form into 4 burger patties.
- Cook over medium heat in the grill, air fryer, or in a non-stick skillet. Cook for 6 minutes then carefully flip.
- Cook an additional 6 minutes. Burgers are done when internal temperature reaches 165 degrees and burgers are no longer pink.
- Serve with or without buns with your favorite burger toppings and condiments.
What’s your favorite zucchini recipe? Share in the comments.
More WW Recipes You Will Love
Weight Watchers Apple Crisp – low point dessert
Bacon-wrapped Asparagus – 1 point each
WW Zucchini Pizza Bites – easy appetitzer
Holy Mess Turkey Chili – lean ground turkey recipe