If you are a chocolate lover, check out this Weight Watchers 2 ingredient dough chocolate chip bagel recipe. These tender bagels are the perfect sweet treat that is low in both calories and WW points.
Have you heard about the 2-ingredient dough? This recipe will be an economical and easy way to add delicious bread to your diet, plus it is so quick to make.
Don’t count yourself out if you are a vegetarian, because this recipe works well with our Vegetarian 2 ingredient dough recipe that replaces the yogurt with tofu.
Do you need to eat low carb or gluten free? Be sure to check out our low carb 2 ingredient dough recipe, variation, too. (It’s gluten-free, too.)
What Can You Make with Yogurt Dough?
This Chocolate Chip Bagel recipe starts with the basic Two Ingredient Dough that is unbelievably versatile. Use this dough to make a variety of healthier breads including:
- pizza crust
- cinnamon rolls
- small loaves of bread
- and of course, bagels in a wide variety of flavors.
What is Two Ingredient Dough Bread?
These two ingredient bread recipes have been popular for a long time, especially with those who follow Weight Watchers.
Are you trying to lose weight but you LOVE breads? We get it – bread is pretty much one of the most amazing foods in life right? Sadly, “light” bread can feel like you are eating air and just reminds you that you’re on a diet. You’ll love the delicious texture of this yogurt bread.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make These?
Believe it or not, just three ingredients are required for these dessert bagels:
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- 1 cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips, regular or sugar-free
If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can make your own at home. Click here for instructions on making self-rising flour at home.
This dough is easy to make and fun to use in a variety of ways. This is a no-yeast recipe.
What are the Points for the Basic 2 Ingredient Dough and for the Chocolate Chip Bagel?
For the basic 2-ingredient dough recipe as we have it written, this dough is 3 WW points per serving on WW Program 2023.
However, because of the addition of chocolate chips, this chocolate chip bagel recipe is 4 WW points per serving.
How Should You Store 2 Ingredient Bagels and How Long Do They Last?
The raw dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours before baking. Place the ball of dough in a bowl sprayed with cooking spray so it will not stick when you remove it. Put the covered bowl in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
Did you know you can also freeze the raw dough? After preparing the dough, wrap the dough ball in plastic wrap, put it inside a zipper freezer bag, and freeze. When you are ready to use the raw dough, take it out of the freezer and remove it from any plastic packaging.
Then, place the dough in a bowl sprayed with cooking spray and cover it with plastic wrap or a tea towel to thaw in the refrigerator until soft (about 24 hours).
These bagels taste the best when they come right out of the oven and have a few minutes to cool. If you won’t eat them fresh, then enjoy them within a day or two of baking them.
You can freeze the baked bagels as well. Thaw on the countertop for a few hours or in the microwave for 30 seconds. I recommend toasting bagels to get that crusty, chewy texture.
Answers To Frequently Asked Questions
What should I eat with 2 Ingredient Dough Chocolate Chip Bagels?
There are so many delicious options to add protein, healthy fats, or a special spread to make these bagels even better and more of a meal. Here are several ways you can top your bagels.
- Try peanut butter and a sliced banana for a delicious and filling breakfast, or cut fat and calories by using powdered peanut butter like PB2. To me, a chocolate chip bagel with peanut butter tastes like a delicious PBJ sandwich.
- Try this Copycat Aldi Brownie Batter Hummus Recipe
- Butter or margarine
- Cream cheese, regular or light
- Cinnamon and sugar or sweetener
How many different types of WW bagels can I make with this 2-ingredient dough?
It is unbelievable how many different varieties of bagels you can make. Whether you enjoy savory bagels or sweet, take a look below at the varieties we’ve shared.
- The Basic – 2 Ingredient Dough Bagels -The classic recipe, these 2 Ingredient Bagels are simply made with self rising flour and non-fat Greek yogurt. Learn all the tips and tricks for working with this simple dough.
- Cinnamon Raisin Bagels – Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Dough Bagels – Here’s the WW official two ingredient dough recipe right from their website. If flavored bagels are your thing, try adding 1 tsp cinnamon to the flour and 2 tbsp plumped raisins to the dough for an additional 1SmartPoints value per serving.
- Bagels Without Self-Rising Flour – No self rising flour? No problem. Follow our simple instructions to make your own self-rising flour and you are ready to make delicious bagels with just a couple more easy ingredients.
- Low Carb Two Ingredient Dough Bagels with Low Carb Baking Mix – For our low-carb bagels, we used Carb Quick for a fast and delicious option.
- Low Carb Bagels Made with Almond Flour. – These almond flour bagels are a low carb option. The dough is more temperamental than regular dough so we recommend carefully rolling it out and shaping it into a bagel shape.
- Gluten-Free Bagels – Use the almond flour recipe above or a gluten-free baking mix.
- Blueberry Bagels – sweet and healthy with fresh blueberries.
- Everything Bagels – Use our recipe and Everything Bagel seasoning.
- Bacon & Cheddar Bagels – These bagels are perfect for breakfast with a zero point egg or two.
- Onion – Mix 2 tsp onion powder OR 1 tsp onion salt OR 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh onion into dough before baking.
- Egg Bagels – Brush bagels with generous amount of egg wash (1 egg, beaten, plus 1 T water) before baking.
- Rye Bagels – Use half rye flour and half white flour to make dough.
- Pizza Bagels – 2 Ingredient Dough Pizza Bagels – Yummy pizza bagels for an easy dinner or WW appetizer made with 2 ingredient dough.
- Jalapeno Bagels – Mix 2 tsp finely chopped fresh or jarred jalapeños into dough. Bake as directed on basic recipe.
Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Dough Chocolate Chip Bagel Recipe with Step-by-Step Instructions & Photos
Here is a guide to making these sweet, delectable bagels.
Step 1 – Preheat Oven & Gather your ingredients
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. For ingredients, all you need is 1 cup self-rising flour, 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
Step 2 – Mix flour and yogurt.
Mix all the flour and just half the yogurt to form a soft dough.
Gradually add more of the yogurt until you have a ball of slightly sticky dough. Knead by hand for 3-4 minutes or use an electric stand mixer with a dough hook attachment.
Step 3 – Add the chocolate chips.
Happily add in that chocolate.
Step 4 – Divide the dough.
Roll the dough into 6 equal balls.
Step 5 – Form the bagels and bake.
Make the hole in the center of the raw dough a bit wider than you think necessary to allow for rising.
Place the bagels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Bake in 350 oven for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 6 – Serve and enjoy!
These bagels are delicious when warm right out of the oven, or made them ahead to enjoy for the next few days. Toasting your bagels gives them a fresh-baked taste.
Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Dough Chocolate Chip Bagel Recipe
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt plain, you might not need it all
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips mini, regular or sugar-free such as Lily's.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour and half the yogurt to form a soft dough. Gradually add more of the yogurt until you have a pliable, slightly sticky dough.
- Knead by hand for 3-4 minutes or use an electric stand mixer with a dough hook attachment.
- Add in the mini chocolate chips and gently mix well.
- Dust workspace with additional flour and turn ball of dough onto workspace.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions and roll into a ball.
- Form each ball into a bagel shape. Make the hole in the center wider than you think necessary to allow rising.
- Place bagels onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in 350 oven for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Weight Watchers – Before & After 100 Pounds Down
Weight loss success with Weight Watchers is possible and this bread is a fun addition to your WW menu.
Today, I am a WW Lifetime member and maintaining at my goal weight.
More Posts You Will Love
WW 2 Ingredient Dough Everything Bagel Recipe – Savory and delicious.
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza Dough – Did someone say Pizza?
Raw Cookie Dough Squares – Totally edible cookie dough.
7 Best Weight Watchers Breads – You’ll be amazed at the variety.
What is your favorite bagel – savory or sweet? Share in the comments below.