Walmart can be a great place to get some amazing deals on grocery items and you would be surprised to discover just how many WW Personal Points friendly foods are available.
- What are the Best WW Foods to Buy at Walmart?
- Use Walmart Grocery Pick Up to Save Calories
- My WW 100 Pound Weight Loss Success
- Weight Watchers Walmart Shopping List – Top 15 Best Healthy Snacks, Meals, and Staples
- 1. Great Value Light Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing (2 Tbsp)- 1 point
- 2. Great Value Almond Milk (1 cup) – 1 point
- 3. Hormel Turkey Pepperoni (17 slices) – 2 point
- 4. Starkist Tuna Salad – Personal Points may vary, 0-1 point
- 5. Great Value Sugar-free Chocolate Flavored Syrup – 1 point
- 6. Great Value Coffee Creamer – 1 point
- 7. Premier Protein – 2-3 points
- 8. Quest bars – Personal Points may vary, 4-5 points for most
- 9. Pop Chips – Crunchy Snack – Personal Points may vary, 3-4 points
- 10. Good Thin Crackers – 4 points per serving
- 11. Halo Top Ice Cream – 2-3 points per serving
- 11. Joseph’s Tortillas/Flat Out Bread Pack – 1-3 points
- 12. Baby Bell Cheeses – 2 points (light) or 3 points (original) each
- 13. Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges – 1-2 points per wedge
- 14. Frozen Meals – Personal Points vary
- 15. Great Value Peanut Butter Powder (Peanut Butter & Nuts Alternative) – 1 point for 2 T
- Grocery Shopping Lists for Weight Watchers
What are the Best WW Foods to Buy at Walmart?
Walmart is a store that is widely available so you’ll likely find one in your area. If you travel, knowing which foods are available at Walmart will help you find foods that are tasty and points-friendly.
Walmart has a wide variety of foods and has a multitude of Weight Watchers products available. If you’re wondering what to buy at Walmart if you’re on a Weight Watchers diet, these are some of my favorites.
Use Walmart Grocery Pick Up to Save Calories
I am a huge fan of the Walmart grocery pick up, so consider that option as a way to shop for these low point foods. I have been using Walmart grocery pick up about once a week for months now and I absolutely love how easy it is to use. As a weight conscious person, avoiding all the cookie and candy temptations has been a help, not to mention the fact that when I order online I can easily stick to my list and budget.
My WW 100 Pound Weight Loss Success
I’ve been following Weight Watchers for many years and in fact lost most of my 100 lb weight loss following the program. Read more about my weight loss story here:
Premier Protein High Protein Shakes, Variety Pack (Vanilla, Chocolate, Caramel), 11oz Each, Pack of 12Quest Nutrition Protein Bar Adventure Variety Pack. Low Carb Meal Replacement Bar w/ 20g+ Protein. High Fiber, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free (12 Count)HERSHEY’S Syrup, Chocolate Syrup, Dessert Topping/Beverage Syrup, Sugar-Free/Gluten Free, 17.5 Ounce Bottle (Pack of 6)Starkist Tuna Salad Original Dely Style Kit – Pack of 6 (3.28oz Each Box) Product of EcuadorHormel TURKEY PEPPERONI Slices 5oz (2 Pack)
Weight Watchers Walmart Shopping List – Top 15 Best Healthy Snacks, Meals, and Staples
What’s healthy to eat at Walmart?
When it comes to grocery shopping with Weight Watchers in mind, start with the healthy living basics that are on the Weight Watchers zero points food list:
- Vegetables like baby carrots, salad mixes, cucumbers, cauliflower green beans and more. Fresh or frozen are both great options.
- Fruits like apples, bananas, grapes, applesauce, and berries are available for great prices. Pick up frozen fruit for times when fresh is not looking the best or is out of season and expensive.
- Lean meat like chicken, turkey, ground turkey or chicken breast.
- Non-fat dairy like non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- Whole grains like brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and quinoa.
- Oatmeal like old fashioned or steel-cut.
- Beans like canned kidney beans or chickpeas to eat as sides or add to salads. (Look for low sodium to make them healthier.)
- Potatoes like red, yellow, white and sweet potatoes.
Walmart provides the lowest prices for many of these foods.
Then add some of the following snacks, prepared foods and treats with your daily points or weekly flex points. These are low calorie snacks that will help you lose weight, so don’t feel like you can’t enjoy a treat now and then.
Consider picking up some 100 calorie snack packs of nuts or trail mix for healthy fat and no added sugar. Consider a few small servings of dark chocolate for the healthy benefits (like antioxidants) and flavor.
Always look for foods that are high in protein and fiber while lower in sugar and saturated fat. These items will be the lowest in points.
Remember that with the new WW Personal Points program, your exact points may vary. We listed the points value that are correct for most members, but be sure to track these items in your WW app for accuracy.
1. Great Value Light Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing (2 Tbsp)– 1 point
This dressing is delicious and super inexpensive as well. Add it to a salad for a lovely lunch or use it to dip veggies in as an afternoon snack. Either way, you can’t go wrong using this yummy dressing. (Another option for a WW-friendly veggie dip is this recipe: Weight Watchers Ranch Vegetable Dip Recipe)
2. Great Value Almond Milk (1 cup) – 1 point
If you buy the store brand, it will cost you less. I’m all about saving the most money that I can. Unsweetened almond milk is the perfect addition to coffees, smoothies, and in your morning cereal. Use it to make this easy banana nice cream.
3. Hormel Turkey Pepperoni (17 slices) – 2 point
This turkey pepperoni make the perfect snack for when your tummy is gurgling in the middle of the day. For seventeen slices you can have a filling, high-protein meat treat that’s only 2 Weight Watchers Smart points and Personal Points may vary. Hormel turkey pepperoni would be perfect on a low carb pizza or a great addition to a salad. I also like it paired with a light string cheese.
4. Starkist Tuna Salad – Personal Points may vary, 0-1 point
These little packages are wonderful for making tuna melts, on salads, or even eating straight out of the package. Starkist Tuna tastes especially fresh and delicious. I love the fact that one packet.
Check out these other Weight Watchers tuna recipes: 5 Healthy Tuna Meals with Weight Watchers Smart Points
5. Great Value Sugar-free Chocolate Flavored Syrup – 1 point
A frozen banana with a little chocolate syrup? Count me in. Obviously, anything that’s sugar-free needs to be eaten in moderation, but this makes the perfect treat for when you need something a little sweet. Pair with a dollop of light cool whip or sugar-free Reddi-wip for just 1 point more.
6. Great Value Coffee Creamer – 1 point
Great Value coffee creamers are only one smart point for a tablespoon. That’s enough creamer to sweeten up your morning coffee. I particularly love the French Vanilla or sugar-free French Vanilla coffee creamer flavor.
7. Premier Protein – 2-3 points
Speaking of ways to sweeten up your coffee creamer, Premier Protein is one of my all-time favorite Weight Watchers coffee hacks. I use Premier Protein in my coffee every morning. It’s creamy, sweet, and I get a boost of protein to start my day. This also tastes great mixed with cold coffee and served over ice for a Starbucks-like drink at a fraction of the calories.
Premier Protein also works great mixed into smoothies, as long as you remember that fruit is NOT free on Weight Watchers when blended. (I know, sadness.)
You can even use Premier Protein in place of milk for a protein pudding.
I’m not a huge fan of Premier Protein to drink plain but it’s okay. If you do drink it plain, I recommend keeping it very cold. Premier Protein can also be found for a great price at Costco, Sam’s, or ordered on Amazon.com. (Click here for more WW finds on Amazon.)
Update: I also discovered Walmart just rolled out their own Great Value version of the chocolate!
8. Quest bars – Personal Points may vary, 4-5 points for most
With the new Personal Points points system, there are not too many options for low point granola or protein bars. This is with good reason since these are not whole, clean eating foods. But sometimes you just need on-the-go options and that’s where Quest bars come in. These bars are not super-low in points, but they are hearty and full of protein.
Chocolate Chip Cookie dough Quest bars are a WW member favorite. People break up pieces and put them in their low-points vanilla ice cream. I’ve even heard of people cutting these up and baking them for a couple minutes in an Air Fryer or toaster oven and they taste like a freshly baked cookie. For real.
Quest Nutrition Protein Bar Chocolate Chip Cooke Dough. Low Carb Meal Replacement Bar w/ 20g+ Protein. High Fiber, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free (24 Count)Quest Nutrition Protein Bar White Chocolate Raspberry. Low Carb Meal Replacement Bar w/20g+ Protein. High Fiber, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free (24 Count)
My favorite Quest bar flavor is the raspberry while chocolate. Yum.
9. Pop Chips – Crunchy Snack – Personal Points may vary, 3-4 points
Pop Chips are a really popular snack with WW members because they are airy yet crispy so you get a large amount per serving. They come in a wide variety of flavors like sour cream and onion, sea salt and BBQ.
10. Good Thin Crackers – 4 points per serving
Good Things are a favorite of mine because you get a large amount of crackers in each serving (38-41 pieces!). Try the Good Thins Corn Ones as a replacement to tortilla chips. Dip them in salsa or fat-free refried beans.
11. Halo Top Ice Cream – 2-3 points per serving
I’m an ice cream junky. Not everyone likes Halo Top ice cream, but I personally love it. Be sure to let it soften before you eat it. Think of it more like a frozen protein drink as far as flavor and consistency, and keep in mind the serving sizes, although even if you eat the whole pint you won’t do too much damage with this brand.
Halo Top, Chocolate Ice Cream, Pint (Pack of 8)Halo Top Non Dairy Pint, Birthday Cake, 16 oz. (8 count)Halo Top, Chocolate Almond Ice Cream, Pint (Pack of 8)Halo Top Ice Cream Pint, Mochi Green Tea, 16 oz. (8 count)
11. Joseph’s Tortillas/Flat Out Bread Pack – 1-3 points
These pita bread, flat bread, and tortilla options are high in protein and fiber which lowers the points value. They can be pricey but Walmart is reasonable in cost. These make great bread alternatives or use them for a quick pizza crust when you don’t have time to make 2 ingredient dough pizza.
Joseph’s Low Carb Tortilla, Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat, 8 Inch, 6 TortillasValue 3 Pack: Joseph’s Flax Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Pita Bread Reduced Carb,18 PitasFlatout Pizza Crusts, Artisan Thin Crust Flatbreads, 10.2 oz. (Rustic White)FLATOUT Flatbread Wraps – LIGHT ORIGINAL – 90 Calories – 2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints value per flatbread (2 Packs of 6 Flatbreads)Flatout Fold It Artisan Flatbread, 5 Grain Flax, 9 Oz – 4 Pack
12. Baby Bell Cheeses – 2 points (light) or 3 points (original) each
You don’t have to give up cheese during weight loss! These Baby cheese rounds are tasty and fun to eat. The light are the lowest in points but the original are only 3 points and even creamier, plus come in a wide variety of flavors.
13. Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges – 1-2 points per wedge
Laughing cow cheese wedges are a staple for many Weight Watchers members. These soft cheese wedges come in swiss, asiago, cheddar bacon and other flavors. Find them in the bakery/deli section at the front of most Walmart stores. They come in a cardboard wheel.
Use the wedges to spread on crackers (like Good Thins) or even melt them onto whole wheat pasta or spaghetti squash.
Get more WW cheese and cracker ideas here.
14. Frozen Meals – Personal Points vary
While frozen dinners are not the top of the healthy foods list for many of us, sometimes you need something fast and Walmart has the best prices.
Look for Weight Watchers, Lean Cuisine, and Healthy Choice brands to find meals with reasonable points.
For more organic options, consider Kashi and Amy’s brands, but some can be points-heavy so use your calculator or app barcode scanner to check before purchasing.
15. Great Value Peanut Butter Powder (Peanut Butter & Nuts Alternative) – 1 point for 2 T
Powdered peanut butter is nut butter with most of the fat removed. The Great Value brand is just as good as PB2 and other brands, for a lower cost. Mix into smoothies, plain non-fat Greek yogurt or add to oatmeal. Mix nut powder with water or almond milk for a consistency more similar to peanut butter, then spread on crackers, celery or use as a dip for fruit.
Grocery Shopping Lists for Weight Watchers
Time to shop? We’ve got you covered. Here are even more helpful WW Personal Points shopping lists:
100+ Top WW Items at Aldi – free printable shopping list
Top WW Foods at Trader Joe’s – with free PDF printable
Weight Watchers 200 Freestyle Zero Point Foods List – free printable
I also highly recommend meal planning for at least the upcoming week’s worth of meals. Use The Holy Mess Menu and Grocery Planner printable (it’s free).
Once you have your basic, core healthy foods in place, it’s time for some fun! Check out this Weight Watchers Food Finds post for some of my favorite low-points Weight Watchers alternatives.
Walmart carries many Weight Watchers friendly products at reasonable prices. The Great Value store brand has options for those looking to eat a specific Weight Watchers diet and not break the bank in the process. Check out some of these products above and let me know if they helped you on your Weight Watchers journey.
Grab this Weight Watcher 7 Day Meal plan
Do you have any favorite Weight Watchers food that can be purchased at Walmart? Please share in the comments below.
More Posts You Will Love