Make weight loss easier and faster with our Weight Watchers Green Plan Ultimate Guide. Are you wondering what are the best foods to eat on WW Green plan? Maybe you are interested in the best meals, snacks, and life hacks for life on WW Green. This post gives you a complete guide to losing weight following the Green Plan.
Weight Watchers Green Plan Ultimate Guide
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know for successful weight loss with MyWW Green plan.
As someone who is maintaining a 100 pound weight loss, I’ve used the Green plan to maintain my goal weight and WW Lifetime status. These strategies will help you lose weight and keep it off while following Green.
Are you wondering if Green is the best plan for you, or if you would have better weight loss with Blue or Purple? Read more about how to choose the best WW plan for you here.
What is the Green plan on Weight Watchers?
The Weight Watchers Green Plan launched in November of 2019 and is most similar to the former Weight Watchers Beyond the Scale plan.
With WW Green, there are fewer zero point foods compared to Blue and Purple and the list of no-count foods includes mostly fruits and vegetables.
However, the daily points allowance for the Green plan is higher than the other two plans, starting at 30 SmartPoints per day and going up from there.
This plan also includes weekly flex points and fitpoints.
What foods are free on WW Green Plan?
Here is a short list zero point foods for the WW Green plan just to give you an idea of what’s included. The Green program includes 100 zero point foods.
- Applesauce, unsweetened
- Apricots, fresh
- Brussels sprouts
- Butter/Bibb lettuce
- Butternut squash
- Canned pimientos
- Cauliflower rice
- Water chestnuts
- Wax beans
How many points do you get on WW Green?
Every person on WW Green receives a minimum of 30 points per day, but your points may be more depending on your weight, height, sex, and age. You also receive weekly flex points to spend however you like.
Many people consider the Green plan the most strict of the 3 plans because more foods have a points value. For example, eggs are zero points on both Blue and Purple, but eggs are 2 points each on Green.
If you need the most structure and accountability, this is the program for you. Green is also a good option for you if you struggle with overeating zero point foods.
The GREEN plan does allow for a list of 100 zero point foods (think vegetables and fruits) but foods such as chicken and Greek yogurt will have points and need to be counted.
The Green plan also requires the most tracking due to more foods having points.
Be sure to check out our Zero Point Cookbook for more zero and low point recipes.
Weight Watchers Recipes – Green Plan
Here are some great recipes if you are following the WW Green program.
Weight Watchers Banana Souffle – This makes for a delicious breakfast or snack and it’s only 4 WW Green points.
Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Dough Recipes -This 2 ingredient dough recipe is a versatile, easy recipe for making a variety of bread like bagels, pizza crust, calzones, and more. MyWW Green 2 points.
WW Buffalo Turkey Meatballs – These meatballs are great for lunch or dinner. MyWW Green 4 points.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Chicken – MyWW Green – 7 points, Roasted Brussels sprouts and butternut squash cubes with a sprinkle of fat free feta (MyWW Green – 2 points,) and 1/4 cup Reduce Sugar Craisins MyWW Green – 5 points), Tip – Trader Joe’s Everything Seasoning makes this recipe even easier.
WW Freestyle Zero Point Vegetable Soup – This is a warm and filling soup. 1-2 cups, MyWW Green – 0 point per serving
Weight Watchers Thai Chicken Recipe – This makes a perfect meal prep dish for lunches. It’s only 8 points on WW Green.
Weight Watchers Coleslaw – This makes the perfect side dish and it’s only 1 WW Green point per serving.
Weight Watcher Apple Broccoli Salad – This is a fresh and filling salad. WW Green 2 points.
Weight Watchers Chilli Recipe – This is perfect for the cooler weather. 4 WW Green points.
Weight Watchers Green Plan Snacks
Here are a few of the favorite snacks of WW Green members.
- Premier Protein – great for a snack or in coffee – MyWW Green 2 points
- Movie popcorn 3 cups (without additional butter) – MyWW Green 5 points
- Nabisco Good Thins Corn Ones, 41 pieces – MyWW Green 3 points
- Halo Top ice cream, Cookie Dough flavor – MyWW 3 Green points
- Baby carrots and cucumber slices dipped in 2 T Wholly Guacamole MyWW Green – 2 points
- Weight Watchers Ranch Vegetable Dip – This a great dip for veggies or even as a salad dressing. 1 WW green point.
- Quest bars – MyWW Green 4-5 points per bar depending on flavor.
- Built Bars – MyWW Green 3-4 points per bar.
- Smoothie made with almond milk, PB2, ice – MyWW Green 2 points. (Keep in mind that fruit blended into smoothies has points on WW.)
- Follow me on Instagram for more ideas @the_holy_mess_. I regularly post pictures of what I’m eating.
Tips for Weight Loss Success with MyWW Green
I’ve used the Green plan and here are some of the tips I’ve learned for success.
- Enjoy zero point foods. Even though the list of foods is smaller than with other plans, you still get 100 zero point foods on Green. That’s a lot of choices! There’s no reason to ever be hungry with WW. Eat fruit with breakfast and add vegetables to every lunch and dinner. Snack on fruit or vegetables with dip. Remember to eat until satisfied and not overly full. I add shredded or chopped veggies to chili, soups, meatloaf, meatballs, and omelets. This helps my meals be healthier, more satisfying and I get a bigger portion for the same number of points.
- Need fast and easy? No problem. One of the great things about Green is that you can eat prepared foods and simply count points for them (vs. Purple with only 16 points per day). Check out this WW On the Go Meal plan with ideas that don’t require any cooking.
- Track. Tracking is the bedrock of all WW plans and with good reason. Keeping a food log has been proven to work for weight loss. It might not always be the most fun or exciting but it works. I’ve kept a food log for years and these days it only takes me a few minutes. In fact, I pre-track, which is tracking my food the night before for what I will eat the next day. This has been a game-changer for my weight loss success.
- Meal plan. As much as you might enjoy grabbing food whenever, it does’t work for weight loss. Every weekend, plan the week’s dinners and have ideas in mind for breakfast and lunch. Use The Holy Mess Meal Plan and Grocery List to guide you.
- Plan ahead when you go out to eat. Green is a great plan if you eat out often because you have more daily points to work with. Look ahead to restaurant menus to get ideas. This video lists 10 of my favorite meals for WW from restaurants.
- Measure portions. If you are on WW Green and not losing weight, measure out your portions for a few days. Use measuring cups or even better a food scale. Also check out this post about breaking a plateau for more guidance.
- Switching plans is okay. If you are on the Green plan and struggling, consider switching to Purple or Blue. It’s easy to do in the WW app.
With these WW Green recipes, snack ideas, meal plans, and tips, you have all the information you need to successfully lose weight and keep it off.
I can’t wait to hear about your progress. Email me if you have further questions and to let me know how you are doing. I’m cheering for your success!
More Weight Watchers Articles You Will Enjoy
Weight Watchers Coffee Hacks– Many people start the Weight Watchers program and are shocked to learn that their favorite coffee shop order or homemade afternoon pick-me-up beverage is 10, 15 or more Weight Watchers Smartpoints. Does this mean you need to give up your love of coffee delights? No, it doesn’t! Check out these Weight Watchers Coffee Hacks to learn how you can cut the calories and reduce the points, all while enjoying your favorite beverage.
10 Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes -Do you have an Instant Pot and want to use it to make healthy, low calorie Weight Watchers recipes? We have the list for you with these 10 Weight Watchers Instant Pot recipes. With chicken, soup, lasagna and more, you are sure to find plenty of recipe options that you and your family will love.
Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spice Latte -Do you love a delicious latte from your favorite coffee shop but don’t love the crazy high points? With this Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe, you can enjoy all the flavors of your favorite fall beverage for a fraction of the points.
Pin this Weight Watchers Green Plan Ultimate Guide for later.
WW and Weight Watchers International is not associated with this post. I’m a WW member and use the information to support my weight loss efforts, just like you.