Are you looking for easy weight loss meals to help you get to your goal weight? We’ve compiled a list of over 65 delicious, easy-to-make breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack ideas that will help you meal plan for the week ahead and support your weight loss journey.
All of our meal ideas are quick and easy to prepare and don’t require any unusual ingredients. If you love tacos, spaghetti, and even fast food, this is the list for you!
Grab a copy of our free printable and use it to plan your upcoming meals for the week and watch as you move closer to your goal weight.
Healthy Weight Loss Meals
As someone who is maintaining a 100 pound weight loss, I understand the importance of having a list of to-go meals that will help you stay on track.
Here are the criteria we used for designing this list of meals to help you lose weight:
- Less than 500 calories (with many around 300-400 calories)
- Include quality protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fat
- Easy to make
- Taste great!
You will love these delicious meal ideas and most are cheap, too, because they include whole foods. These meals are quick to make, too.
Many of the choices fit into the criteria of an easy weight loss meal for one person as well.
Why Am I Not Losing Weight?
As someone who runs a website that focuses on weight loss and an online weight loss program for women, I often receive emails from women who tell me they are doing all the right things but still not losing weight.
Weight loss only happens one way, and that’s eating fewer calories than you burn.
While we have included some serving sizes to give you a general idea, we highly recommend that you track calories for weight loss. While eating real foods is important, at the end of the day weight loss only happens when there is a calorie deficit regardless of the type of food you eat.
You might need more or less food than what is indicated below. Your calorie needs will vary based on your age, gender, activity level, and other factors.
Remember, these meals will only help you lose weight if your total daily calories are less than what your body is burning.
Easy Weight Loss Meal Plans
Do you want even more specific guidance for weight loss? Check out these helpful meal plans we created:
3 Day Diet Meal Plan for Weight Loss – Is it really possible to lose weight in just 3 days? Yes! We’ve had thousands of people use our 3 day meal plan with incredible results. Get your free copy.
7 Day EASY Weight Loss Meal Plan – This meal plan guides you through exactly what to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 2 snacks each day for safe, effective weight loss. Includes complete nutritional information and WW points for all plans.
Breakfast – Easy Weight Loss Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast is an incredibly important meal. While some people have stopped eating breakfast due to the rising popularity of bullet-proof coffee and Intermittent Fasting, I’m personally a big fan of breakfast.
I believe that eating breakfast every day is one of the reasons I’m able to maintain my weight loss.
All of the meals listed below are easy, delicious, and a good balance of protein, healthy fat, and carbohydrates to keep you going throughout your day without too much hunger.
- Two eggs, 2 cups vegetables of choice, 2 tsp olive oil
- Frittata slice, cup of fruit
- One egg, 2 slices bacon, 1 cup vegetables, sauteed with bacon
- One cup cooked quinoa, 2 T dried fruit, 1 tsp honey
- Yogurt cup (5 oz, low sugar), 1 cup berries, 2 T sliced almonds
- Half cup cottage cheese, 1 cup cantaloupe or honeydew, 2 T chopped walnuts
- Breakfast burrito made with scrambled eggs, 2 T shredded cheddar, salsa, whole wheat tortilla
- Two slices whole grain toast, 1/2 avocado, smashed, sprinkle with Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- Half cup oatmeal (dry), 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup berries (optional: 1 scoop protein powder) or try this Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal recipe. Cook together or use for overnight oats.
- Latte (coffee and milk), 1 protein bar such as Quest or Think
- McDonald’s egg white and turkey sausage Egg McMuffin
- Starbucks or Instant Pot Egg Bites with 1 cup fruit
- Scrambled eggs, crumbled turkey sausage, peppers and onions
- Smoothie made with 1 cup milk, 1 cup frozen fruit, 1 scoop protein powder
- Two slices whole wheat toast with 2 T peanut butter, 1 banana
- Protein drink (such as Premier Protein) poured into 1 cup cold coffee over ice, 1 apple
- Two slices whole wheat toast, 1 T mayo, 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Egg scramble with 2 eggs and 2 egg whites, spinach, onion, and zucchini
- Tofu scramble with 1/4 block firm tofu scrambled with 2 tsp olive oil, spinach and mushrooms
- Protein pancakes such as this protein pancake recipe or use Kodiak mix, 1 turkey sausage patty, 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
Lunch – Weight Loss Lunch Recipes
Don’t make the mistake of skipping lunch because you are too busy to stop and eat. Eating enough during the day prevents night-time overeating and gives you good energy, and it only takes a few minutes when you use these easy lunch ideas for losing weight.
- Flat Out Wrap with veggies and deli turkey, 1 slice cheddar cheese, grapes
- Tortilla with lettuce and low fat tuna salad, almonds
- McDonald’s Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken or other fast food salad
- Pizza toast with 2 slices bread, pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, 2 T mozzarella, baby carrots with ranch
- Starbucks Protein Box or make you own with this Copycat Starbucks Protein Box Meal Prep.
- Low fat egg salad, whole wheat crackers, banana
- Salad with grilled chicken, 2T cranberries, 2T walnuts, balsamic dressing or this Pomegranate Pear Salad or Mango Cashew salad.
- Yogurt parfait with 6 ounces plain, non-fat or low fat Greek yogurt, 1 cup berries, top with 2T nuts or granola
- Vegetable soup, 1 cup canned or homemade like this Instant Pot Vegetable Soup, 6 whole wheat crackers, 1 Greek yogurt cup
- Veggie or turkey burger, sandwich thin, homemade or frozen sweet potato fries, cucumber slices
- Baked potato topped with steamed broccoli, 1/2 cup cubed chopped ham, and 2 T shredded cheddar cheese
- Deli roast beef, 1 slice provolone, lettuce, tomato, stuffed into light pita bread, 1 small bag potato chips
- Quesadilla made with 1 cup vegetarian refried beans, 2 T shredded cheddar, salsa, 2 T plain Greek yogurt, 2 clementines
- Bean soup, canned or this Instant Pot Bean Soup, dinner roll, 1 apple
- Chic-fil-a Grilled nuggets, 1 barbecue or buffalo sauce packet, fruit salad
- Peanut butter sandwich made with 2 slices light whole wheat bread, 2 T peanut butter, 2 T no-sugar added jelly, 1 light string cheese, baby carrots
- Smoothie such as this Mango Protein Smoothie
- Veggie burger served on a light bun, 1 bag potato chips, grape tomatoes
- Chicken sausage, 1 small baked sweet potato, 1 side salad with 2 T light dressing
- Grilled cheese made with 2 sliced light bread, 2 T cheese, 2 tsp butter. 1 cup tomato soup, carrot and celery sticks.
Dinner – Easy Weight Loss Dinner Options
A good weight loss dinner is one that makes you feel satisfied without being overly stuffed or heavy. Each of these meals fits that description. Plus, they are easy to prepare with just a few simple ingredients.
- Tilapia with 1 T jarred Pesto, broccoli and cauliflower, 1 small sweet potato
- Grilled pork chop, broccoli, 1/2 cup brown rice pilaf
- Shrimp & stir fry vegetables cooked in 2 tsp olive oil, 2 T teriyaki sauce, cauliflower rice
- Sirloin steak (4-6 ounces), cooked mushrooms and onions, 1 cup red potatoes, green beans
- Salmon, oven roasted Brussels sprouts & butternut squash, 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Whole wheat spaghetti or spaghetti squash (1 cup), 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, 3 ounces lean ground beef, 2 T Parmesan cheese.
- Burrito Bowl with grilled chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup black beans, lettuce, tomato or this Instant Pot Salsa chicken.
- Tacos with lean ground beef or turkey, 2 corn taco shells, 2 T cheese, lettuce, tomato, 1/2 cup corn
- Pot Roast, 3 ounces, potatoes, carrots, onion, 1 slice whole wheat bread with 1 tsp butter
- Grilled chicken thighs marinated in light Italian dressing, grilled vegetable skewers
- Turkey meatballs such as this Turkey Meatball recipe, celery, 2 T blue cheese dressing, 1/2 cup brown rice
- Chili made with lean ground beef or turkey such as this Instant Pot Turkey Chili with Vegetables,
- Pork tenderloin, 4 ounces, 1/2 cup acorn squash, Kale Lemon salad
- BBQ chicken legs, two, with no sugar added BBQ sauce (such as Primal or G Hughes), corn on the cob, asparagus
- Panera Strawberry Chicken salad, whole wheat dinner roll
- Baked chicken tenders such as Air Fryer Chicken Tenders or Perdue Simply Smart Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips, oven roasted root vegetables
- Trader Joe’s Goyza chicken potstickers (or other frozen potstickers), frozen stir fry, 2 T soy sauce
- Pork chop, salad on a stick, 2 T ranch dressing
- French dip with roast beef (deli roast beef or use this Crock Pot French Dip recipe), 1 slice provolone cheese, 1 light hamburger bun, vegetables with 2 T ranch dressing or Low Fat Ranch Veggie Dip recipe.
- Pulled pork roast on light bun or sandwich thin, low fat coleslaw
Snacks to Lose Weight
Can you snack and still lose weight? Yes!
Snacks can definitely be part of your weight loss diet. As long as your total calories are less than what you burn, your body will dip into your fat stores to give you energy and you will lose weight.
The following snacks are low in calories but high in satisfaction because of filling fiber and protein. Most are around 200 calories.
- Apple with 2 T peanut or almond butter
- Light string cheese with 1 serving whole wheat crackers
- Baked tortilla chips dipped in 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt mixed with salsa
- Two hard-boiled eggs
- Protein bar or shake
- One slice whole wheat toast with 1/4 avocado, smashed
- Hummus, 2 T, with sliced cucumbers
- Baby carrots and celery with low fat ranch dip
- Banana, 100 calorie pack nuts
- Yogurt cup, 1/2 cup berries, 2 T sliced almonds
With these meal ideas, you’ll be able to plan days that include a healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks that get you to your weight loss goals.
Do you have a favorite meal idea that we missed? Add it to the comments below.
Free PDF Printable – 50+ Weight Loss Meals
We’ve taken the best of our meal ideas for losing weight and put them into a handy printable. We’ve included 2 colorful pages plus 2 printer-friendly black and white ones to make it extra-easy for you.
Download with the “add to cart” button now and you’ll be on your way to your weight loss goals.
More Posts You Will Love
Pin this Weight Loss Post for Later